Botanica is a Vancouver- grounded nutrition and heartiness brand, distributing encyclopedically curated natural health products. Their selections always use whole sauces and constituents and are free from paddings, artificial flavors, and colors. Botanica mates with nutrition experts to ensure every product is the stylish possible quality. Their thing is to inspire natural heartiness through awareness, choice, and education acclimated to their guests’ unique health peregrinations.
- Improve overall site architecture and navigation to enable easier browsing and a more frictionless experience
- Create a more user-friendly and more visual product story with improved navigation and filtering
- Reorganize and more thoroughly integrate blog content throughout the product story to improve conversion and trust-building
- Dramatically improve SEO performance
- Decrease bounce rate to a healthy number through stronger content strategy and engaging inter-site navigation
- Implement a fully responsive solution backed by WordPress CMS, including WPML for French integration.
Botanica came to us with a lot of great content and a compelling brand story. Where they needed help was helping visitors find relevant content quickly and effortlessly, and communicating their dedication and commitment to wellness through site-wide branded storytelling.
The biggest challenge would be implementing the right combination of browsing filters, galleries, featured content, embedded recipes, and lateral navigation opportunities, while still weaving that passion and purpose into new and existing pages.
When we approached designing Botanica’s new site, we adopted the same holistic style that is present in their new branding. We used the earth-tone colors from their packaging and photography campaign, as well as their bold typography to create a site that is clean and usable.
We took the ‘less is more approach, and tried to stay out of the way of the beautiful product shots. By keeping the color palette simple and subdued, we were able to make the photography really shine through. Our goal was to showcase the products and to guide users to get the information they need, to encourage conversions.
Bringing it all together
The new Botanica site brings its brand story to life through the advanced home and product pages, as well as new pages that connect with visitors by sharing their mission, ingredient insights, and processes. A custom contact form and an improved Where to Buy section were developed for easier conversions. User experience is dramatically improved through intuitive search capabilities and related content recommendations. The new site elevates Botanica’s English and French content as a trusted educational resource on nutrition and wellness and delivers a seamless e-commerce experience.